As part of its digitization strategy, the university has set itself 21 concrete goals, including the development of a Campus Mobile App. The goal of the app is to provide all stakeholders with relevant information from everyday university life and make it available on the move.
The university has mandated the Research Center for Digital Sustainability to implement the project together with students and the central project team.
In the pre-release, which is available since mid september 2021, the following functions are implemented:
- Homescreen, which can be personalized by means of favorites
- News and agenda with a filter function, for example on the faculty level
- Access to the current menus for the canteens and cafeterias
- Directory of persons with contact function by phone or e-mail
- Access to the subject databases, e-journals and e-books of the university library including search for study places
- Link to Unisport (complete integration planned as of release 2)
- Location search with navigation and view of floor plans, infrastructure display of the locations of microwaves, charging stations and Uniprint
- Link to the ILIAS learning platform
- Access to your studies with timetable, display of courses including a registration and deregistration function for courses that you have planned to attend
- Search for learning places by time and with a filter function across the entire campus
- Link to the webshop with over 50 great items
- A to Z directory (Aare temperature, career service, student bodies, emergency numbers, weather, discounts, etc.)
UniBE Mobile is available for download from the following app stores: